Welcome and thank you for being here.
- Enjoy our guests
I seek out curious hackers, developers, and builders in general. And then I ask them to answer 3 to 5 of their favorite questions from the list below.
All builders get the same questions. I pick the best (or sometimes all) responses and publish a post based on that.
... and yes. I stole this idea from Tribe of Mentors.
- What is your tech stack (languages, frameworks, services, os, devices, etc.) and why?
- What does a productive day in your life look like, and how often do you have days like that? Or what is a regular day like? (If helpful: use yesterday as an example).
- How many failed projects do you have, and how have they set you up for success? Or what is a failure you are grateful for?
- How and when did you get your first user/subscriber/follower/customer? Your first 1000? And how are you getting people in the door today?
- How do you monetize what you build? Any advice as to what has worked for you and what hasn’t?
- What is one of the best or most worthwhile investments you’ve ever made? (Could be an investment of money, time, energy, etc.)
- How do you stay up-to-date with technological developments, and how do you incorporate this knowledge into your projects? Or how do you keep learning and improving your craft?
- What advice would you give to a smart, driven builder yet to experience any “success”? What advice should they ignore?
- What are bad recommendations you hear about building?
- What is your process for starting a new project? How do you decide on an idea to pursue?
- How do you come up with new project ideas? (If helpful: How did you come up with the idea for your latest project?)
- In the last five years, what new belief, behavior, or habit has most improved your life?